East Coast USA & Canada (end Boston)
VISIT NEW YORK, WASHINGTON DC, TORONTO, MONTREAL, QUEBEC CITY, BOSTON AND MORE ON THIS DISCOVERIES TRIP.
Connect with the heritage of two nations, exploring the corridors of the Capital, a simpler Amish way of life, Canada's cosmopolitan cities and the thunderous roar of Niagara Falls.
• 13 nights accommodation
• 20 meals - 13 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners (including Be My Guest)
• On-trip transport - in a luxury coach with travel director
• City Tour in Washington D.C., Ottawa, Quebec City, Montreal, Boston
• Orientation of New York City, Toronto
• Visit Liberty Bell Center, Lancaster County, Corning Museum of Glass, Niagara Falls
• View the Empire State Building, White House, Lincoln Memorial, Independence Hall
01 and 08 May 2020
10, 17 and 24 July 2020
Other departures available between August – October 2020, seasonal surcharges may apply.
10% Early Payment Discount
Helloworld Travel Exclusive Offer
Save up to $200* per person
23 Aug 19,
unless sold out prior. Availability is limited.
1. ARRIVE NEW YORK CITY Check in to your New York hotel and spend the afternoon exploring its soaring skyline. This evening, you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 5:30 p.m. for a Welcome Reception.
Hotel: The Shelburne Hotel & Suites
2. NEW YORK – PHILADELPHIA – WASHINGTON, D.C. (2 NIGHTS) Embark on an orientation tour of the Big Apple. View the Empire State Building, Times Square and Central Park, before journeying to Philadelphia to visit the Liberty Bell Center. View Independence Hall, site of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, then travel to Washington, D.C.
Hotel: Capitol Hilton
3. WASHINGTON, D.C. SIGHTSEEING View the White House, the U.S. Capitol Building, the Lincoln Memorial, and the World War II and Vietnam War memorials. Spend the rest of the day at leisure and consider a visit to one of the Smithsonian museums.
4. WASHINGTON, D.C. – LANCASTER COUNTY/AMISH COUNTRY Join a Local Specialist in rural Pennsylvania to delve into the culture of the local Amish community, immersing yourself in the traditional agricultural lifestyle of the Amish and the Mennonites, who live much the same they did when they first settled here over 200 years ago. Our 'Stay with a Story' was built in 1873 in the heart of Amish Country. Enjoy a hearty Regional Dinner, and make whoopie pies for dessert.
(B, RD, )
Hotel: The Inn at Leola Village
5. (LANCASTER COUNTY – NIAGARA FALLS (2 NIGHTS) Witness first-hand the delicate craft of glassblowing at the Corning Museum of Glass, then cross the Canadian border to Niagara Falls.
Hotel: Hilton Hotel and Suites Niagara Falls/Fallsview
6. NIAGARA FALLS SIGHTSEEING Embark on an exhilarating boat ride to the base of Horseshoe Falls. We'll continue to the flower-filled, tree-lined historic town of Niagara-on-the-Lake, where this evening we'll 'Connect with Locals' at a family owned winery and sample some of Niagara's regional cuisine paired with their delicious vintages at a 'Be My Guest' dinner.
(B, BMG, )
7. NIAGARA FALLS – TORONTO Skirt the shores of Lake Ontario bound for Toronto. Enjoy an orientation tour of this truly multi-cultural city, then spend the rest of the afternoon at leisure.
Hotel: Sheraton Centre Toronto
8. TORONTO – OTTAWA Embark on an introductory tour of Ottawa, including views of the elegant Gothic buildings of Parliament Hill, Rideau Hall, the residence of the Governor General of Canada and the beautiful downtown galleries, museums and parks.
Hotel: Sheraton Ottawa
9. OTTAWA – QUEBEC CITY (2 NIGHTS) Our love affair with French-speaking Canada begins today as we begin our voyage to Quebec City and the UNESCOlisted Old Quebec. Immerse yourself in the city's joie de vivre and romantic 17th century façades, but not before we stop for lunch at a local cabane a sucre (sugar shack) to indulge our sweet tooth.
Hotel: Hôtel Château Laurier
10. QUEBEC CITY SIGHTSEEING Explore Quebec City's winding streets and historic sites, joining your Local Specialist for an in-depth discovery of a city that exudes all the charm of old Europe. Delve into Quebec City's French and English military past at the fortified Citadel and the Plains of Abraham, the site of a major colonial battle. The afternoon and evening are yours to explore La Vieille Capitale on your terms.
11. QUEBEC CITY – MONTREAL Visit a local farmers market outside of Montreal to 'Dive into Culture' and experience the flavors of the region during a lunch tasting including wine and cider. Savour the good life as you arrive in Montreal where your Local Specialist will introduce you to such sites as Notre-Dame Basilica, the colourful port area and Place Jacques-Cartier.
Hotel: Le Centre Sheraton Montreal
12. MONTREAL – FRANCONIA NOTCH – BOSTON (2 NIGHTS) Return to the United States and traverse New Hampshire bound for Franconia Notch, in the heart of the White Mountains. Our 'Stay with Story' in Boston was a frequent haunt of powerful politicians and famous writers.
Hotel: Omni Parker House
13. BOSTON SIGHTSEEING Connect with the living history of Boston this morning, touring the city's redbrick Freedom Trail with stops at the Old North Church and Boston Harbor, the site of the famous Tea Party. Spend the rest of the day on your terms. Consider a visit to the bar that inspired the TV show Cheers or stroll through the centuries-old Boston Common. This evening, toast your memorable East Coast experiences at a Farewell Dinner.
14. DEPART BOSTON OR NEW YORK Depart Boston today at your leisure or return to New York, where a transfer is provided to JFK International Airport, or consider extending your stay in New York.
Airport arrival time at JFK will be at 2 p.m., please be aware when booking your flights.
B = Breakfast
L = Lunch
D = Dinner
WR = Welcome Reception
RD = Regional Dinner
BMG = Be My Guest
FD = Farewell Dinner
*Conditions apply. Prices correct as at 24 July 2019 but may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Offers subject to availability. Agents may charge service fees, rates vary. Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge. Airfare not included. All savings are included in the advertised price. Advertised saving is based on maximum 10% Early Payment Discount. Early Payment Discount is applied to the land-only portion of selected holidays and is combinable with other brochure discounts where available. The Early Payment Discount does not apply to: extra nights' accommodation, optional extensions, airfares, flight supplements, surcharges, taxes and fees; or airport transfers. Standard deposit conditions apply and full payment is required by 18 Dec 2019 or no later than up to 90 days prior to departure from Australia (whichever comes first). Offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. Please check all prices, availability and other information before booking. Trafalgar and Helloworld Travel booking terms and conditions apply, see in store for details.