5 Night Heart of England
Neolithic man, Roman forces, celebrated writers and contemporary filmmakers have all made a mark on England’s heartland. On this quintessentially English tour, we’ll follow their tracks – covering Wiltshire’s ancient stone circles and movie-set good looks, the delightful hamlets of the Cotswolds, Oxford’s ‘dreaming spires’ and Bath’s incredible architecture.
- 1 night at The Wellington by Blue Orchid Hotels ★★★★ or similar
- 2 nights at Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel ★★★★ or similar
- 2 nights at Abbey Hotel Bath ★★★★ or similar
- Breakfast daily, 3 dinners
- 3 dinners:
- Welcome dinner at The Wellington by Blue Orchid Hotels
- Group dinner at Mercure Stratford upon Avon Shakespeare Hotel
- Farewell dinner
- Guided walking tour of Oxford
- Admission to Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway's Cottage, Laycock Abbey, Roman Baths, No. 1 Royal Crescent, Longleat House and Stonehenge
- Expert English speaking tour guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned deluxe coach
- Small group touring, maximum 18 people
DAY 1: LONDON
After meeting the group in England’s vibrant capital, we’ll get to know one another over a delicious welcome dinner at the hotel. Accommodation: Wellington by Blue Orchid or similar (D)
DAY 2: LONDON – OXFORD – STRATFORD-UPON-AVON
After breakfast, we’ll set our sights on our first stop: charming Oxford. Here, we’ll learn about the poets, professors, scientists and sporting heroes that have graced the city’s streets over the years with a locally guided walking tour. Then: we’ll venture through quintessential English countryside to meet with the Cotswolds. This charming area is a patchwork of green hills and farmland, peppered with centuries-old villages and caramel-hued cottages. We’ll enjoy some free time to stroll the elegant terraced High Street of Chipping Campden – before tucking into another delicious group dinner at our hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon. Accommodation: Mercure Shakespeare Hotel or similar (BD)
DAY 3: STRATFORD-UPON-AVON – COTSWOLDS – STRATFORD-UPON-AVON
The life and times of William Shakespeare will take centre stage today when we pay a visit to the playwright’s timbered childhood home and his wife Anne Hathaway’s pretty thatched cottage. A stroll through the blooming gardens here is a must! We’ll have some time to enjoy lunch at our leisure – before we explore some picturesque Cotswolds hamlets this afternoon. This evening will be ours to spend at our leisure. Accommodation: Mercure Shakespeare Hotel or similar (B)
DAY 4: STRATFORD-UPON-AVON – LACOCK – BATH
Day four promises to be an indulgent one, with an afternoon of high tea on the agenda before we move on to Lacock. This showstopper of a village often doubles as a film set, and you may recognise it from Pride and Prejudice or The Other Boleyn Girl. After imagining ourselves as costume drama heroes and heroines, we’ll step inside the magnificent abbey – whose peaceful cloisters took a starring turn as the Hogwarts hallways in the Harry Potter series. Then: onwards to Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed city with true ‘wow’ factor, where we’ll make ourselves at home for our final two nights. This evening, we’ll spend exploring Bath at our own pace. Accommodation: The Abbey Hotel or similar (B)
DAY 5: BATH
After receiving a fascinating insight into Roman life on a morning visit to the Roman Baths, we’ll visit the museum at No. 1 Royal Crescent. The afternoon will then be yours to explore the city for yourself. You could enjoy a bit of ‘me time’ at Thermae Bath Spa (Britain’s only thermal spa), and bathe in mineral-rich waters while scanning the skyline from the rooftop pool – or, if you’d prefer to explore on foot, you could discover Bath’s proud independent side as you wander past stylish boutiques and celebrated coffee shops. At our last dinner together, we’ll swap stories and look back on our English journey with fond memories. Accommodation: The Abbey Hotel or similar (BD)
DAY 6: BATH – LONGLEAT HOUSE – AVEBURY – LONDON
The current seat of the Marquess of Bath, the impressive Longleat House blends classic architecture with creative interiors – and it’s here that we’ll start the day. We’ll have plenty of time to explore before we move on to Avebury, an immense stone circle set within an ancient landscape of enigmatic monuments, tombs and roads. While Stonehenge attracts tourists from around the world and does not permit close access, at Avebury we’ll have the opportunity to walk freely among the standing stones. Steeped in mystery, this prehistoric stone circle is a fascinating sight – and makes for a tremendous final stop. Later this afternoon, our trip will come to a close back in London. (B)
9 Oct 22. Add on an extra $200* per person for travel 1, 29 May, 12, 26 Jun, 17 Jul, 21 Aug, 4, 11 Sep 22 or an extra $140* per person for travel 25 Sep 22.
09 Oct 22,
unless sold out prior. Availability is limited.
* Conditions apply. On sale until 9 Oct 22 for travel until 9 Oct 22. Image credit: ©Getty images/Stephen Zeigler. Prices correct as at 8 Mar 22 but may be adjusted if surcharges, fees, taxes, or currency exchange rates are affected. Offers subject to availability. (All savings and bonus nights are included in the advertised price). Fees apply for direct payments made to Viva Holidays using a debit or credit card. Amounts payable to third parties not included. Bookings must be made directly with Viva Holidays or a travel agent, please confirm all prices, availability and details with your consultant before booking. Cancellation fees apply, offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. The Viva Holidays General Booking Conditions apply vivaholidays.com.au/policies/booking-conditions. Viva Holidays Pty Ltd ABN 78 634 662 294.