Spain, Portugal & Morocco
On this Spain, Portugal, and Morocco tour, experience these three glorious countries with rich histories and distinct cultures. You'll overnight in Madrid, Seville, Granada, and the Costa del Sol in Spain; Coimbra and Lisbon in Portugal; and Rabat, Marrakesh, and Fez in Morocco.
• 15 night tour exploring Spain, Portugal and Morocco
• Services of a professional Tour Director and Local Guides
• Buffet breakfast daily and 8 dinners
• TOUR HIGHLIGHTS Madrid, Avila, Salamanca, Coimbra, Fatima, Obidos, Lisbon, Seville, Rabat, Casablanca, Marrakesh, Fez, and Granada
• TRANSPORTATION Private, deluxe air-conditioned motor coach while touring with free Wi-Fi.
• HOTELS Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges, and tips for baggage handling.
WAS from $3,339* per person twin share
SAVE up to $334* per person twin share
NOW from $3,005* per person twin share
Helloworld Travel Exclusive Offer:
SAVE 10%* off
Room Type: Superior
Room Configuration: Twin Share
30 April – 13 June 2020
Other departures available between 07 March – 22 December 2020, seasonal surcharges may apply.
17 Mar 20,
unless sold out prior. Availability is limited.
1. MADRID Check into your hotel. Take advantage of any free time to explore lively Madrid with the help of the CosmosGO app. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers. (D)
2. MADRID Spaniards say the Spanish capital, situated 2,180 feet above sea level, is the nearest thing to Heaven. it's certainly worth making the most of today by joining the included guided sightseeing tour: a full panoramic drive by way of the Avenida Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Parliament Square, and a picture stop outside the Royal Palace. The optional trip to Toledo is most rewarding, too. The splendid setting of this old walled city above the Tagus was made famous in El Greco's painting, and even now it's like a great open-air museum of Spanish history and art. (B)
3. MADRID-AVILA-SALAMANCA- COIMBRA, PORTUGAL. Visit ancient fortified Avila with its many towers, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue to Salamanca and make sure you spend some time wandering around PLAZA MAYOR, the grandest square in Spain. Cross the frontier to Guarda, the highest town in Portugal. From here, descend to the valleys of the Serra da Estrela to Coimbra. (B,D)
4. COIMBRA-FATIMA-OBIDOS-LISBON. Enjoy an orientation tour of Coimbra, celebrated for its beauty and ancient university. Later, travel southward to visit the SANCTUARY of Fatima, one of Europe's most visited Marian shrines. Continue to picturesque fortified Obidos, before reaching Lisbon for two overnights. (B)
5. LISBON Henry the Navigator made Lisbon the 15th-century "Mistress of the Seas." On the included guided tour, see his monument, the Belem Tower, the Moorish Citadel, and the impressive Commerce Square, also known as Black Horse Square. Spend the afternoon at leisure-maybe in the Alfama's tile-decorated streets, or take an optional excursion to the Portuguese Riviera. (B)
6. LISBON-SEVILLE, SPAIN From the rolling plains of the Alentejo with its woodlands of cork and eucalyptus trees, head south to the brilliant light of Andalusia. Admire its neat, white-painted villages and sun-drenched plantations of olives, figs, and almonds while travelling towards magnificent Seville. (B,D)
7. SEVILLE Enjoy an included sightseeing tour of this vibrant city. Walk in the city centre, see some of the main highlights and spend time to admire the impressive Plaza d'Espana. Afternoon at leisure. (B)
8. SEVILLE-FERRY TO MOROCCO- RABAT. Drive through Spain's pretty sherry wine region and head south to the coast. Here, you will embark the FERRY and cruise across the Strait of Gibraltar to Morocco on the African continent. Travel along what was once the infamous Barbary Coast, then continue the drive south to Rabat, one of Morocco's imperial cities. (B,D)
9. RABAT-CASABLANCA-MARRAKESH Today starts with an included guided city sightseeing tour of the country's lively capital, and a visit to CHELLAH GARDENS and CASBAH DES OUDAIAS. Later, reach Morocco's westernmost city: Casablanca. Enjoy an orientation drive in this modern city and see the illustrious Hassan ii Mosque. One of the largest mosques in the world, its minaret soars 689 feet into the sky. Continue on to the "red" oasis city of Marrakesh. An optional excursion this evening is the perfect end of the day. (B)
10. MARRAKESH Today's included city sightseeing with a Local Guide will make you feel like you've been whisked back in time. Founded in the 9th century, Marrakesh remains a tapestry of ramparts, mosques, palaces, gardens, and vibrant public squares and souks (markets)-where buying and selling and a fascinating carnival of entertainment occurs daily. Also see the BAHIA PALACE and MAJORELLE GARDENS. (B,D)
11. MARRAKESH-FEZ Today, travel through the fragrant cedar forests of the Middle Atlas mountains, where a number of peaks soar above 13,000 feet in elevation. This range is home to the endangered Barbary ape, wild boar, and polecats. On your way north to Fez, enjoy glimpses of North African village life. (B,D)
12. FEZ Ancient Fez is a city of outstanding scenic beauty. Visit the MEDINA during the included sightseeing tour this morning, and enjoy the maze of narrow streets through the colourful bazaars and exotic atmosphere. The madrasas, fondouks, palaces, residences, mosques, and fountains dating back to the 13th century are part of the
UNESCO World Heritage Site. in the afternoon, explore further on your own. (B)
13. FEZ-FERRY CROSSING TO SPAIN-MIJAS Today, an early departure takes you north for the FERRY crossing back to mainland Spain to the Costa del Sol (Coast of the Sun). Overnight in Mijas. (B,D)
14. MIJAS-GRANADA Travel along the Costa del Sol and head to Granada in the heart of Andalusia. On the agenda: an included guided visit of the ALHAMBRA COMPLEX*, a lavish palace and fortress built by Moorish kings. You'll marvel at its architectural Moorish beauty and magnificent gardens, with construction dating back to 889 AD. (B,D)
15. GRANADA-MADRID Travel through the very heart of Don Quixote's La Mancha, famed for its castle and windmills, on your way to Madrid. (B)
16. MADRID Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B) B – Breakfast L – Lunch D - Dinner
*Conditions apply. Prices correct as at 17 February 2020 but may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Offers subject to availability. Agents may charge service fees, rates vary. Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge. Airfare not included. All savings are included in the advertised price. Non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of $250 per person required within 7 days of booking to secure the reservation. Offer not combinable with any other discount except Welcome Back Credit and Second Tour Discount. Offer excludes Cosmos Lite tours. Standard cancellation fees apply. Offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. Please check all prices, availability and other information before booking. Cosmos and Helloworld Travel booking terms and conditions apply, see in store for details.