Scenic Switzerland by Train
This Scenic Switzerland by Train tour is the perfect way to see Switzerland’s breathtaking mountains, charming mountain resorts, fascinating old towns, and beautiful lakes—all while you relax in first-class aboard Switzerland’s famous trains.
• 8-night tour exploring scenic Switzerland
• Services of a professional Tour Director and Local Guides
• 8 breakfasts and 3 dinners
• TOUR HIGHLIGHTS Lucerne, Interlaken, Goldenpass Panoramic train ride, Montreux, Lausanne, Zermatt, Gornergrat, Glacier Express train ride, St. Moritz, Bernina Express train ride
• TRANSPORTATION Private, deluxe air-conditioned motor coach while touring with free Wi-Fi.
• HOTELS Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges, and tips for baggage handling.
WAS from $3,459* per person twin share
SAVE up to $346* per person twin share
NOW from $3,113* per person twin share
Helloworld Travel Exclusive Offer:
SAVE 10%* off
Room Type: Superior
Room Configuration: Twin Share
24 April 2020
Other departures available between 24 April – 02 October 2020, seasonal surcharges may apply.
17 Mar 20,
unless sold out prior. Availability is limited.
1. ZURICH, SWITZERLAND Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to explore Zurich with the help of the CosmosGO app. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers. (D)
2. ZURICH-LUCERNE Board the train for your journey from Zurich to Lucerne. Lucerne is one of Switzerland's most idyllic medieval cities, surrounded by a beautiful lake and nestled amidst snow-capped Alps. The rest of the day is at leisure to discover the delights of this charming city such as
the famous wooden bridge or the picturesque town centre. Alternatively, sign up for an optional excursion. (B)
3. LUCERNE-INTERLAKEN-GOLDENPASS MOB PANORAMIC TRAIN TO MONTREUX-LAUSANNE Depart Lucerne on the Lucerne- interlaken Express. Cross Brunig Pass en route to interlaken, and spend some time strolling through the quaint streets. From interlaken, take the BLS RegioExpress train to Zweisimmen. Continue on the GOLDENPASS PANORAMIC TRAIN for your unforgettable journey to Montreux, then continue to Lausanne. (B)
4. LAUSANNE-MONTREUX-TASCH-ZERMATT Depart for the delightful Swiss mountain resort of Zermatt. En route, stop to visit the town of Montreux, situated on the shores of Lake Geneva and surrounded by vineyards and against the breathtaking backdrop of snow-covered Alps. Enjoy some free time or maybe join an optional guided excursion to Chillon Castle before continuing by train to Zermatt. (B,D)
5. ZERMATT. GORNERGRAT EXCURSION An included excursion takes you to the famous GORNERGRAT, travelling on board Europe’s highest rack railway. The views of the Matterhorn from its summit are spectacular. The rest of the day is at leisure in Zermatt-with a variety of interesting shops, cafes, bars, and picturesque streets to explore. (B)
6. ZERMATT-GLACIER EXPRESS- ST. MORITZ The train journey today aboard the spectacular GLACIER EXPRESS is without a doubt one of the main highlights of the tour. Enjoy unforgettable views as you make your way through the unspoiled natural beauty of the Alps on the direct route from Zermatt to the world-famous mountain resort of St. Moritz. This picture-perfect town is more than just a holiday resort. it was also the birthplace of Alpine winter tourism (in 1864) and has twice hosted the Winter Olympics. Stretch your legs this evening, and admire the beautiful chalets decorated with colourful geraniums. (B,D)
7. ST. MORITZ. BERNINA EXPRESS EXCURSION TO TIRANO, ITALY Take the BERNINA EXPRESS train (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) to Tirano and back for one of Europe's most spectacular and breathtaking train rides. Travel across lofty Bernina Pass via the Swiss Poschiavo area to Tirano in the Italian Valtellina, witnessing an array of beautiful mountain streams, glaciers, and alpine scenery along the way. (B)
8. ST. MORITZ-ZURICH ST. MORITZ-ZURICH. Leave St. Moritz for the journey back to Zurich.
Enjoy some time at leisure in Zurich. Take a stroll around the city centre and indulge in some chocolate tasting or follow the course of the river Limmat until it reaches the banks of Lake Zurich. (B)
9. ZURICH Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B) B – Breakfast L – Lunch D - Dinner
*Conditions apply. Prices correct as at 17 February 2020 but may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Offers subject to availability. Agents may charge service fees, rates vary. Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge. Airfare not included. All savings are included in the advertised price. Non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of $250 per person required within 7 days of booking to secure the reservation. Offer not combinable with any other discount except Welcome Back Credit and Second Tour Discount. Offer excludes Cosmos Lite tours. Standard cancellation fees apply. Offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. Please check all prices, availability and other information before booking. Cosmos and Helloworld Travel booking terms and conditions apply, see in store for details.