Focus on Scandinavia
Vibrant cities, distinct cultures, and unspoiled landscapes … welcome on this Scandinavia affordable tour! You’ll visit the fascinating Nordic cities and scenic areas as well as some of its smaller and quaint towns. Overnight in Copenhagen, Frederikshavn, Oslo, the Telemark area, Bergen, the Fagernes area, Karlstad, and Stockholm.
• 11-night tour exploring Denmark, Norway, Sweden
• Services of a professional Tour Director and Local Guides
• Buffet breakfast daily and 5 dinners
• TOUR HIGHLIGHTS Copenhagen, Great Belt Bridge, Odense, Gothenburg, Oslo, Vemork, Steindalsfossen, Sognefjord Cruise, Fagernes, Lillehammer, Karlstad, Mariefred and Stockholm
• TRANSPORTATION Private, deluxe air-conditioned motor coach while touring with free Wi-Fi.
• HOTELS Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges, and tips for baggage handling.
WAS from $3,169* per person twin share
SAVE up to $317* per person twin share
NOW from $2,852* per person twin share
Helloworld Travel Exclusive Offer:
SAVE 10%* off
Room Type: Superior
Room Configuration: Twin Share
11 April 2020
Other departures available between 11 April – 10 October 2020, seasonal surcharges may apply.
17 Mar 20,
unless sold out prior. Availability is limited.
1. COPENHAGEN Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore the Danish capital. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers. (D)
2. COPENHAGEN Enjoy a day at leisure in the capital of the oldest kingdom in the world. Besides many interesting landmarks and architectural masterpieces, see some of the more famous sites on your orientation drive, including the legendary Little Mermaid statue. An optional tour of Zealand's castles is also available. (B)
3. COPENHAGEN-ODENSE- FREDERIKSHAVN. After breakfast, start the journey northwards, enjoying the drive across the GREAT BELT BRIDGE, which will connect you to the fairy-tale island of Funen. Stop in Odense, Hans Christian Andersen's hometown and, via the Little Belt waterway, head for Frederikshavn on the rural Jutland Peninsula. (B,D)
4. FREDERIKSHAVN-GOTHENBURG, SWEDEN-OSLO, NORWAY. Take a pleasant FERRY ride from Frederikshavn across the strategic Kattegat to Gothenburg, Sweden's thriving second-largest city and one of Europe's major seaports. After an orientation drive, follow the inland route and cross into Norway. Evening arrival in Oslo. (B)
5. OSLO-TELEMARK AREA Head southeast through the Appalachian Mountains and into the Susquehanna River Valley. Then, on to the handsome city of Philadelphia for an overnight stay.
6. TELEMARK AREA-VEMORK- BERGEN Take the scenic route for a visit to Vemork, where the heavy water plant was blown up by a commando unit of British and Norwegians known as the Heroes of Telemark. Visit the VEMORK MUSEUM, then proceed through the Telemark region with its lakes, winding valleys, and rugged gorges backed by towering mountains. FERRY across the Hardangerfjord from Utne to Kvanndal. Continue to Bergen, Norway's picture-perfect Hanseatic seaport. En route, make a picture stop at Steindalsfossen Waterfall. (B)
7. BERGEN Built on seven hills with the fjords on one side and 1,000-foot Mount Floyen on the other, Bergen was the home of composer Edvard Grieg. Spend the day exploring at leisure or consider joining one of our optional excursions to discover the history, traditions, delicacies, and breathtaking views of this beautiful port city. (B)
8. BERGEN-SOGNEFJORD CRUISE- FAGERNES AREA. More spectacular scenery as you drive towards the Sognefjord, where you embark for a breathtaking CRUISE on one of Norway's mightiest fjords. On to the Fagernes area. (B,D)
9. FAGERNES AREA-LILLEHAMMER- KARLSTAD, SWEDEN. First to Lillehammer, the mountain resort that hosted the 1994 Winter Olympics, then, a scenic drive along beautiful Lake Mjosa. Continue towards Sweden through Varmland's unspoiled wilderness of forest and lakes to Karlstad, located by Sweden's largest lake, Lake Vanern. (B)
10. KARLSTAD-MARIEFRED- STOCKHOLM Leave Karlstad and head east towards Stockholm via idyllic Mariefred. Here, view majestic Gripsholm Castle, built in an enchanting rural setting. On to the Swedish capital. its beauty is due to its unique setting on 14 islands between Lake Maleren and the Baltic Sea. (B)
11. STOCKHOLM This is perhaps the most beautiful of the Scandinavian capitals, because the crystalline waters that flow through its intersecting canals give a luminous appearance to palaces, castles, and parks. Your city sightseeing takes in all the highlights including CITY HALL. (B,D)
12. STOCKHOLM Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B) B – Breakfast L – Lunch D - Dinner
*Conditions apply. Prices correct as at 17 February 2020 but may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Offers subject to availability. Agents may charge service fees, rates vary. Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge. Airfare not included. All savings are included in the advertised price. Non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of $250 per person required within 7 days of booking to secure the reservation. Offer not combinable with any other discount except Welcome Back Credit and Second Tour Discount. Offer excludes Cosmos Lite tours. Standard cancellation fees apply. Offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. Please check all prices, availability and other information before booking. Cosmos and Helloworld Travel booking terms and conditions apply, see in store for details.