Learn about Central Europe’s rich history and see its historical sites as you travel through the heart of Germany, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria and the Czech Republic.
• 14-night tour exploring the best of Germany, Poland, Hungary, Austria and Czech Republic
• Services of a professional T
• our Director & Local Guides
• 14 breakfasts and 5 dinners
• TOUR HIGHLIGHTS- Weimar, Berlin, Poznan, Warsaw, Jasna Gora, Auschwitz, Krakow, Budapest, Bratislava, Vienna, Prague, Nuremberg
• TRANSPORTATION- Private, deluxe air-conditioned motor coach while touring with free Wi-Fi.
• HOTELS- Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower, hotel taxes, service charges, and tips for baggage handling.
WAS from $3,209* per person twin share
SAVE up to $321* per person twin share
NOW from $2,888* per person twin share
Helloworld Travel Exclusive Offer:
SAVE 10%* off
Room Type: Superior
Room Configuration: Twin Share
17 May 2020
Other departures available between 05 April – 29 December 2020, seasonal surcharges may apply.
17 Mar 20,
unless sold out prior. Availability is limited.
1. FRANKFURT AREA, GERMANY Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers.
2. FRANKFURT AREA-WEIMAR-BERLIN Our first stop today is in Weimar, one-time intellectual heart of Germany and host to such luminaries as Luther, Cranach, Bach, Liszt, Schiller, and, of course, Goethe himself. it was at one time rightly known as the "Athens of Germany." Continue through Thuringia and Saxony-Anhalt all the way to Germany's capital city, Berlin. (B)
3. BERLIN On this morning's included guided tour, learn how the city is no longer divided but every bit as fascinating. Once the city of contrasts with its West and East side separated into two different worlds by a wall, Berlin has developed into a harmonious blend of old and new. it has preserved the old buildings, such as the State Opera House and Brandenburg Gate; its neoclassic-style boulevards, such as the Kurfurstendamm and Unter den Linden; and it has created brand new buildings in the most daring, contemporary architectural styles. it is once again Germany's capital and one of Europe's most lively and interesting cities. (B)
4. BERLIN-POZNAN, POLAND-WARSAW Drive east to Poznan, one of Poland's oldest trading centres, and admire its renaissance market square. Continue to Warsaw, capital of Poland. (B)
5. WARSAW The included sightseeing tour is an excellent introduction to Warsaw, magnificently reconstructed after wartime destruction. Today, its wide avenues contrast strikingly with the narrow lanes of the old section. (B,D)
6. WARSAW-JASNA GORA-AUSCHWITZ-KRAKOW Two encounters with history on your southbound journey today. First, JASNA GORA near Czestochowa, the monastery that withstood the repeated onslaught of overwhelming Swedish forces during the religious wars of the 17th century. Since then, its Black Madonna has become the country's national symbol. in the afternoon, visit what is left of the AUSCHWITZ CONCENTRATION CAMP, a chilling reminder of the Holocaust. Evening arrival in Krakow. (B,D)
7. KRAKOW This, they say, is Poland's most beautiful city. For almost 500 years it was the country's capital, and today, it is without a doubt its cultural capital. Join the included morning sightseeing in ancient Krakow, for centuries the residence of Polish kings. See the Market Square, the Jewish Quarter, St. Mary's Church, and visit WAWEL CATHEDRAL. Free time later to explore this interesting town at your own pace and mingle with the locals. (B)
8. KRAKOW-BUDAPEST, HUNGARY Travel through three countries today. First, south to the Tatra Mountains of Poland, then through scenic Slovakia, and finally into Hungary. Your destination is Budapest, the liveliest Eastern European capital. (B,D)
9. BUDAPEST Budapest is a treasure trove of architectural wonders, from Gothic to Baroque; Neoclassical to Art Nouveau, but also full of history, a food capital, and surprisingly rich in thermal waters. Discover all of this and more during the guided city tour. (B)
10. BUDAPEST-BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA-VIENNA, AUSTRIA Journey northwest and cross the border into neighbouring Slovakia. Stop in Bratislava, its intriguing capital on the banks of the Danube to explore the medieval Old Town. Continue west and enter Austria, arriving in magical Vienna. (B)
11. VIENNA Join the included city sightseeing tour for a great introduction to the major sights: The State Opera, Parliament, the ornate Rathaus (Town Hall), and views of the Hofburg imperial Palace from Heroes' Square. You'll have plenty of time to discover Vienna on your own or join our wonderful optional excursions. (B)
12. VIENNA-PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC Morning at leisure or join an optional excursion. This afternoon cross the Czech border into Moravia, then through the rich farmlands of Bohemia to Prague. (B,D)
13. PRAGUE The wealth of gothic and baroque architecture perhaps inspired Dvorak and Smetana, both Prague composers. The included guided sightseeing features landmarks such as the Jewish Quarter, Charles Bridge, and the Old Town Square with the ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK. Your Tour Director may suggest an optional evening excursion with traditional Czech music and entertainment. (B)
14. PRAGUE-NUREMBERG-GERMANY, FRANKFURT AREA This morning visit Nuremberg with its pretty market square and Our Lady's Church before heading towards the Frankfurt Area. (B,D)
15. FRANKFURT AREA Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B) B – Breakfast L – Lunch D - Dinner
*Conditions apply. Prices correct as at 17 February 2020 but may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change. Offers subject to availability. Agents may charge service fees, rates vary. Payments by credit card will incur a surcharge. Airfare not included. All savings are included in the advertised price. Non-refundable & non-transferable deposit of $250 per person required within 7 days of booking to secure the reservation. Offer not combinable with any other discount except Welcome Back Credit and Second Tour Discount. Offer excludes Cosmos Lite tours. Standard cancellation fees apply. Offers may be withdrawn without notice and are not combinable with any other offers unless stated. Please check all prices, availability and other information before booking. Cosmos and Helloworld Travel booking terms and conditions apply, see in store for details.